Reverse Diabetes with Lugol’s Iodine

by Yohanan Burket

Hormone_Catalyst_5pct_caption1A noted expert on the use of iodine, Dr. Jorge Flechas, has this to say about the affect of iodine on diabetes:

“It was while treating a large 320-pound woman with insulin dependent diabetes that we learned a valuable lesson regarding the role of iodine in hormone receptor function. This woman had come in via the emergency room with a very high random blood sugar of 1,380 mg/dl. She was then started on insulin during her hospitalization and was instructed on the use of a home glucometer. She was to use her glucometer two times per day. Two weeks later on her return office visit for a checkup of her insulin dependent diabetes she was informed that during her hospital physical examination she was noted to have FBD. She was recommended to start on 50 mg of iodine (4 tablets) at that time. One week later she called us requesting to lower the level of insulin due to having problems with hypoglycemia. She was told to continue to drop her insulin levels as long as she was experiencing hypoglycemia and to monitor her blood sugars carefully with her glucometer. Four weeks later during an office visit her glucometer was downloaded to my office computer, which showed her to have an average random blood sugar of 98. I praised the patient for her diligent efforts to control her diet and her good work at keeping her sugars under control with the insulin. She then informed me that she had come off her insulin three weeks earlier and had not been taking any medications to lower her blood sugar. When asked what she felt the big change was, she felt that her diabetes was under better control due to the use of iodine. Two years later and 70 pounds lighter this patient continues to have excellent glucose control on iodine 50 mg per day. We since have done a study of twelve diabetics and in six cases we were able to wean all of these patients off of medications for their diabetes and were able to maintain a hemoglobin A1C of less than 5.8 with the average random blood sugar of less than 100. To this date these patients continue to have excellent control of their Type II diabetes. The range of daily iodine intake was from 50 mg to 100 mg per day. All diabetic patients were able to lower the total amount of medications necessary to control their diabetes. Two of the twelve patients were controlled with the use of iodine plus one medication. Two patients have control of diabetes with iodine plus two medications. One patient had control of her diabetes with three medications plus iodine 50 mg. The one insulin dependent diabetic was able to reduce the intake of Lantus insulin from 98 units to 44 units per day within a period of a few weeks.”

(taken from: Orthoiodosupplementation in a Primary Care Practice, by

Jorge D. Flechas, M.D.)

Why Is Lugol’s Iodine Good for Diabetics?

Dr. Flechas doesn’t let us know why the diabetes is reversed in patients who take Lugol’s iodine, but a probable reason is that because Lugol’s iodine contains elemental iodine. The antiseptic quality of elemental  iodine kills viral, bacterial, and fungal pathogens. In short, iodine is a broad-based pathogen destroyer. Since oral ingestion of Lugol’s iodine results in iodine going nearly everywhere through the body, it will seek out and destroy pathogens of all types.

It is believed that diabetes is caused by a malfunctioning pancreas, which could be infected with pathogens, such as fungus. Destroy the fungus, and your body will restore the function of the pancreas.

In the future, I would like to see researchers look for pathogens that are eliminated by the body after ingestion of iodine. I believe they would find dead pathogens if they looked for them, confirming my suspicion of the cause of diabetes.

When researchers want to give diabetes to mice, they inject them with fungal spores! See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11829314  for proof. Because of this fact, I am convinced that researchers know what causes diabetes but do not want to reveal this information to the public, as diabetes is a very profitable business for those who peddle insulin.

Advertisements

About Yohanan

I am an avid health enthusiast who experiments with different herbs, amino acids, minerals, and vitamins to address health issues. Over the past 14 years, I have successfully solved a number of health problems using the natural approach and by adhering to a healthy diet and exercise. At 67, I am healthy, strong, and virile.
This entry was posted in Healthy Nutrients and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Reverse Diabetes with Lugol’s Iodine

1. Lori says:

My dog has diabetes. Can I use Lugol’s Iodine and if so how much do I give him?

• Yohanan says:

Dogs also require iodine, just like people. Since the recommended dosage for people can range up to 50 mg/day, and assuming the average person weighs 150 lbs, then a dog should have proportionately less according to his weight. For example, if the dog weighs 50 lbs, then the dog should have 50/3 mg = 16.7 mg/day put in his water. Since Lugol’s iodine has an iodine concentration of 6.25 mg/drop, then you would need to put 16.7/6.25 = 2.67 (round to 3) drops per day in his water.

2. Nancy says:

Hello, My lab dog age 8 years has become blind because of diabetes found in July of last year. I’m interested in your products for her. What do I need to do first? When I give her her insulin, at times her 3rd eyelid shows up – then she keeps her eyes closed. Which last about 3 days, which I skip a dose of insulin, then reduce it for a few days. Then she becomes a zombie and stops eating – which in turn I give her insulin at a lower dose and slowly build it up. Her stomach is bloated at times and I don’t know why. My gut tells me she has something else wrong – not diabetes. She does drink water at times, has lost weight, and gained it back. What do you think? THANK YOU for your time!!!

• If you going to give you dog Iodine cut back more than half or all her insulin because Iodine really drop blood sugar level. You should also cook for her give her some rice and vegetable with chicken turkey or meat. She needs 3 meals a day to keep her blood sugar stable like a human being. If she not eating and sleeping too much her sugar may have drop really low. Give her plain yogurt too as a snack before going to bed is really good for them.

3. Yohanan says:

I recommend the Cataract Terminator for your dog, and 15 mg per day of iodine. The problems you mention could be a result of fungal growth, which is addressed by the iodine. Over 100 years ago, iodine was referred to as the universal medicine, which is still valid in my opinion.

4. Bonnie says:

Hi

In one of Dr, David Brownstein’s Blog he mentioned that a Veterinarian friend told him animals should be given 0.05 milligrams [of Lugol’s iodine] per pound of body weight per day.

• Yohanan says:

Thanks for the information, Bonnie. It agrees well with my estimates based on body weight. For example, a 50 lb animal should receive about one-third as much as a person weighing 150 lbs. In my opinion, 0.05mg/lb is the minimum amount, and could easily be five times as much after a few weeks at a lower dose. After the body is saturated with iodine (50 mg/day for three months for a person), then 0.05 mg/lb would be a good maintenance dose. Yohanan

5. Will the iodine also kill all of the beneficial gut bacteria that we need for good health? If not, why not?

• Yohanan says:

Good question, and the answer is that the elemental iodine is converted to potassium iodide before entering the colon. It is only the elemental iodine that can kill bacteria, viruses and fungus.

6. Margaret says:

My 7yr. old lab-mixed dog was diagnosed with 2 tumors, one on his spine and one on the left side of his brain. I think they are fast growing, so was wondering if iodine would help with that. If so, what kind of iodine and how much? He weighs 52lbs. Thank you so much for any suggestions you can offer!

• Yohanan says:

The standard iodine formula (called Hormone Catalyst) is a bit too strong for pets. I can prepare a weaker formula for you if you let me know it is for a pet, along with the recommended protocol for administering the drops. Alternately, you can use the standard Hormone Catalyst and apply the iodine transdermally beneath the pet’s hair.

7. John Otapah says:

hi
    please do have a remedy for fibrod issues and pregnancy for women any remedies
    thanks
    John Otapah

• Yohanan says:

I have three products that will maximize the fertility of women, namely:

Aprodisiac for Women: Activates the hormones such that maximal ovary action can occur.
      Candida Eradicator: Reverses the problems associated with candida and associated fibroids
      Hormone Catalyst: Stimulates the thyroid gland to produce hormones required for reproduction.

8. Pingback: Diabetes Remedy for Your Pet | Out of the Box Remedies

9. Julia (Judy) Gayle says:

My last A1c was 6.6, so my doctor has recommended that I take Metformin. I prefer to not start taking medicine if possible. What would you recommend that I take to help get my blood sugar in line and loose some weight too? A nurse practitioner recommended that I use cinnamon pills but didn’t know where to get them or strength so I thought maybe oils would be better. Thank you.
    Oh by the way, my daughter in law, Dana Lewis referred me to you!

• Yohanan says:

I suggest taking Lugol’s iodine, which is known as “Hormone Catalyst” on the website http://www.outoftheboxremedies.com. Start slowly, taking one drop per day (6.2 mg of iodine) until you work up to 50 mg /day. I have a protocol that I can send to you as an email attachment. Some say that cinnamon is good for controlling blood sugar, but its influence on blood sugar is relatively low. The obvious way to control blood sugar is to avoid sugar as much as possible (no ice cream, for example). Use saccharin instead of sugar to sweeten tea or coffee. Lugol’s iodine is good for a multitude of issues in the body, not just hormones, and was the universal medicine of 100 years ago It works so well that the medical establishment tries to keep this fact a secret, as this remedy would eliminate the need for many artificial concoctions with all their attendant side effects.