The Flu Epidemic and your Immune System. There have been many reports recently of deadly flu epidemics. Emergency rooms in many countries, are reporting flu casualties, serious enough to be fatal. This seems rather strange, that people who have also had their flu shots, are dropping like flies with deadly flu viruses. My own personal feeling, is that flu shots just weaken the immune system. Flu vaccinations contain so many toxins that are so poisonous, how can they be good for you? If you have a strong enough immune system, you will stay healthy throughout the flu season.
If you want to change to a healthier lifestyle, it’s important to build and strengthen your immune system. Our body works like a well tuned engine, starting with what we put in it. Any food we eat, needs to be nourishing. Containing all the vital elements to keep a healthy stomach, which is the main organ for supporting a healthy immune system. If we’re junk food addicts, then our bodies will be malnourished and susceptible to disease.
In my last post on 2Baware.net: Does lack of money mean lack of good health? I gave an example of a favourite snack, ‘potato chips”. It’s quite obvious from most labels on a packet of potato chips, that they are altogether lacking in nutritional value. I compared the bag of chips to home made potato chips, made out of real nutritious potatoes that are packed with minerals and vitamins. Keeping this theme of changing your diet, meals or snacking on a budget. I’d like to give you some examples of a few simple foods and herbs to help strengthen your Immune System, against colds, flu, coughs and other respiratory diseases. With a little imagination these few simple kitchen foods and herbs, can be incorporated into simple and inexpensive meals.
The Flu Epidemic and your Immune System
We need to eat lots of what our creator intended us to eat in the winter months.
Citrus fruits. They are inexpensive and packed with vitamins, minerals and especially lots of vitamin C that will fight toxic viruses from building up in us. They keep the digestive system clean, unblock the liver and strengthen our immune systems to help keep colds and flu at bay!
The queen of citrus fruits is the good old lemon. Although acidic in nature, lemons once ingested, turn to alkaline in our bodies. The more alkaline our bodies are, the healthier we become. No kitchen should be without…
- Lemons Contain: Citrus Bioflavonoids. Vit C, Folic Acid, Vit B1 B6, Vit A, Potassium, Copper, Manganese, Phospherous, Folate, Malic Acid, Calcium.
- Lemons support the: Immune System, Liver, Digestive system and Skin Disorders.
- Lemons help with these common health problems: Sore Throats, coughs colds, flu, constipation, indigestion and gallstones.
- Thyme contains: Manganese, antioxidants, omega 6, Zinc, calcium, magnesium, bioflavanoids, vit A, and Omega 3.
- Thyme supports the: Immune system, digestive system, stomach, lungs, respiratory system, brain, liver.
- Thyme helps with: Sore Throats, coughs colds, flu, mucous, fever, bronchitis, Chronic respiratory problems, gas, indigestion, diarrhoea and headache.
- Garlic Contains: Manganese, selenium, vit C Vit B6, Calcium, Iron, Iodine, Allium Vit A Copper, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc and Bioflavonoids.
- Garlic Supports the: Immune system, digestive system, Circulatory system, Prostate, most major organs, kidneys and blood
- Garlic helps with: Coughs, colds, flu, bronchitis, ear infections, gas, bacterial infections, viral infections, indigestion, candida and many more not so common ailments.
A little more information about garlic worth knowing.
It’s extremely beneficial to eat raw garlic every day to get the triple boost of it’s anti-viral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Viral, bacterial, and yeast build up in our bodies, have absolutely no resistance to garlic. To get these benefits from garlic, it must be eaten fresh and raw to obtain the active chemical Allicin. Cooking or chopped garlic left to stand for over an hour, will destroy it’s active properties. Therefore garlic capsules are useless and expensive!
- Garlic can help to lower cholesterol and help with heart problems.
- Reduce risk of blood clots and stroke.
BEWARE: If you do have heart problems, take blood thinners (Aspirin, Ibuprofen) or any prescribed medications for your heart, check with your Medical Doctor, Medical Holistic Doctor or Naturopath first, before using raw garlic in any amount. Also pregnant and nursing Mums!
- Turmeric Contains: Magnesium, iron, Calcium, Zinc, Potassium, Phosphorus, Curcumin, Phytosterols, Carotenes, Antioxidants.
- Turmeric Supports: Immune system, digestive system, heart disorders, spleen, lungs, joints, colon disorders, pancreas, stomach, mouth and skin disorders
- Turmeric helps with these common problems.: Cold sores, canker sores, period pains, inflammation, toothache, blood clots, free radicals and diabetes.
- Ginger contains: Zinc, iron, anti-oxidants, carotenes.
- Ginger supports: Immune system, circulatory system, digestive system, liver, respiratory system, spleen, lungs, stomach and joints.
- Ginger helps these common problems. Flu, colds, headaches, indigestion, inflammation, intestinal worms, diarrhoea, nausea/morning sickness during pregnancy, circulation, muscle cramps.
- Elderberry contains: Iron, Biotin, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit A, Vit C, Tannins.
- Elderberry supports: Nervous system, digestive system, skin disorders.
- Elderberry helps with these common health problems: Upper Respiratory Tract Infections, headaches, inflammation, digestive disorders, allergies, constipation and neuralgia.
It’s worth using elderberry on a regular basis for keeping a good immune system. If your sick with the flu, a cold or bronchitis this is a powerful little fruit to use, especially as a tincture. Elderberry is rich in anti-oxidants and has unique qualities for minimizing any swelling in mucous membranes, and making the membranes slippery, so that bacteria can’t form on them.
- Oregano contains: Calcium, anti-oxidants, phytosterols, polyphenols.
- Oregano supports: Respiratory system, digestive system and skin disorders.
- Oregano helps with these common ailments: Flu, colds, bronchitis, sore throats, abdominal pain, gas, impetigo and free radicals.
The Flu Epidemic and your Immune System
If you have a sore throat use 5-6 drops of Oregano oil in some warm water and gargle to knock out any bacteria. Make another cup with the same amount and drink down. I’ve personally done this many times to instantly knock out any lurking flu viruses that are considering making me sick. I do have a very healthy immune system too!
To good health this winter!
For Elderberry and Oregano tinctures visit our on-line shop outoftheboxremedies.com
Out of the Box Remedies